Funded by the The International Space Station National Lab, this media and outreach project integrates space-themed role model videos and gender equitable space science-aligned activities for use in SciGirls outreach programs at five locations:
The McAuliffe Center for Integrated Science Learning, MA; The Challenger Center of Ramapo, NY; The Challenger Center in Heartland Community College, IL; North Dakota Space Grant Consortium in Grand Forks, ND and Girls Inc. of San Antonio, TX.
- SciGirls Seven: How to Engage Girls in STEM gender equity guide
- STEM on Station: There’s a lot of STEM going on aboard the International Space Station. Download posters, watch videos and read about the station.
Space-themed STEM Activities:
- Insulator Innovator | Escuadrón Espacial (Space Squad) Episode
- Cloud Clues Activity | SkyGirls Episode
- Star Power | Star Power Episode
- Grab and Go Activity | Deep Sea Diver Activity | Aquabots Episode
- Phototropism: Do Plants Prefer the Blues?
- Check out the full guide Teachers and Students Investigating Plants in Space here (link goes to NASA pdf)
Role Model Videos:
- Space Station Explorers: Meet the girls who flew their experiments on the International Space Station!
- Get the SciGirls in Space Discussion Guide! Download HERE
- NASA Engineer, Alma Stephanie Tapia
- Find more role models at FabFems.org
ISS Astronaut biographies:
SciGirls is working with NASA to coordinate a contact with female astronauts on the ISS in the spring of 2019.
Want to send your experiment to space? Check out this ISSNL resources:
Each educator will be expected to fill out a brief online evaluation form after the completion of their program (coming soon).